Whatever Thursday - $3 Desk Update

You know that feeling when you are 'bored' with the way something looks, but there is really nothing you can do about it?

My desk, where I spend most of my time when not at work, is small for my needs. I can't wait to get into my own place where I can have a BIG desk again. 

I was using old World of Warcraft desk pads on the desk. They have been through several years of usage and moving. And pretty tatty at this time.

So...

I was at Dollar Tree to pick up some envelopes and to look for an inexpensive tray to put in the drawer on the desk. I had already checked online for some contact paper to cover the top of the desk with and was on the fence about what I wanted to do. I didn't really need a whole roll of contact paper just to do the top of this desk. 

Then I spotted them...


Place mats!

There were these plastic place mats in a mandala-like design. 


Granted it doesn't totally cover the entire desk top, but it works. The bit on the left is where my planner lives, so it doesn't matter there is about 5.5 inches not covered. And a tiny bit at the top of the desk. 

I had some double sided tape and used it on the back of the mats to be sure they stay in place. So for $3 I have a 'new' desk. 

Also in my room yesterday I placed a vase of basil and flowers from the garden.



I also took apart my Buddha water feature and cleaned up the pump so it now flows strongly. 

And we all need to flow strongly these days. 

Comments

Popular Posts