Week In Review - July 6 - 12

Since I haven't been at work since last Thursday I can't say for sure, but I do believe once again we have had 250 orders again this week for our To-Go shopping. 

And with the goal of 250 now met, we are striving toward the 'new' goal of 300!

But...

When I heard '300' I immediately thought of the movie. Well, I thought of Gerard Butler's abs, but same thing. I mentioned to a co-worker I thought we should get a copy of the movie poster and hang it on the wall as motivation. I mean, Gerard's abs would certainly motivate me!

On the drive home I came up with an idea which had me giggling all the way home...if I could pull it off.


No, that isn't Gerard's face, but rather than of our To-Go Lead. 

I printed the picture out and ran back up to work and hung it on the whiteboard in our staging room for him to discover first thing the next morning. And he did...

And loves it!

We have had more fun with this picture over the past week. I don't know exactly how motivation it is, but it has made us all laugh. These days, that's a big plus.

Anyway...

I was off Friday, Saturday, Sunday because we were originally going to an outdoor event on Saturday with Lady K. However, with masks, being outdoors in 90 plus heat and humidity isn't exciting, even if Gerard Butler's abs had been there. So on my way home from work Thursday evening, I picked her up. 

She had been video chatting me over the past couple days and was so bored being at home. I can understand her pain. Of course, the GIFs I was getting during work was a bit distracting however. 

The original plan was for me to pick her up Friday morning, overnight and back home Saturday. So now it was Thursday to Saturday. And come Saturday, it now became home Sunday. 

We piddled around the house and garden a bit. Most of the time was spent with her at my laptop watching her YouTube videos and playing on her Switch. It seems just knowing I am in the same room is enough to make her happy. I'm thinking of making up a life-size cardboard poster of myself to give her!


While she was here I took the time to turn some really inexpensive calendars I picked up into envelopes for penpal letters.


The garden is coming along nicely.


I have been getting some cherry tomatoes and a few grape and early tomatoes. Plenty of blueberries. And I am handing out basil to everyone!

But my 'real' tomatoes are getting there. I can't wait. Peppers are also popping, with more to come. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked over 5000 steps 4 days. I need to up my 'game' and get it over 10,000 steps at least 5 days a week.
  • Finished 2 books 
  • Wrote 7 posts
  • Updated the look of my website
  • Cleaned out the inside of the car 

This coming week...

  • Post a review of a book for a blog Tuesday (check out Tuesday's post)
  • Working To-Go all week...hoping for that magic '300'
  • Looking for a pre-owned copy of Hello Neighbor for Lady K
  • Checking out school supply sales to stock up for school (whether home schooling or 'real' schooling this year)

But for now, more coffee and enjoying my day off. And lots of writing!



Comments

Popular Posts