Food and Fiber Friday - Almost Finished!



I have 19 more rows left to complete this Chevron Baby Blanket by Purl Soho

The yarn is from Michael's - their Loops & Threads Creme Cotton - using 7 different colors. The yarn is used as a double strand. And it is much softer than I thought. Plus the pattern is only a repeat of two rows, which makes it a great 'binge watching' knit - nothing complicated. 

It is turning out a bit heavier than I thought it would be - not a bad thing. I haven't used this yarn before, but so far I am really enjoying using it. My only real concern is being cotton, and a baby blanket, getting thrown in the washing machine and dryer might shrink it up a bit. I think I will be brave and give it a try - even if the label says hand wash cold. That way if it does become a washcloth in size, I can make another one, but larger to start with. 

My only thought is since I have extra yarn left over, I would crochet a border around the blanket. But then I feel like I would lose the 'pointy' bits of the design within it. So I will probably just follow the direction (gasp!).

What's next?

I am thinking about this from Style Craft Yarns, which was a crochet-a-long. 




Or I can go back to some cross stitch. Or just continue to do jigsaw puzzles. Anything is possible in this heat!





 

Comments

Popular Posts