Seedy Saturday - Weeds, Heat and Humidity...

...but actually, other than the tomatoes really suffering, the veggie garden is doing ok.





 

















The corn is starting to tassle. The green runner beans are overpowering the arches. Note to self - need cattle panels! They are starting to set beans.

My broad beans bit the dust a few weeks ago. It got too hot, too quick. But I will probably try this fall/winter to grown them again. I would really like to see about getting the tall broad beans rather than the short ones I had originally.

Lima beans...well, not doing well. A few pods, but nothing great. Field peas...still waiting on them to do something.

What is going well are my Honeynut Winter Squash and my Angel Hair Winter Spaghetti Squash. I have not been a winter squash consumer in the past. So this is both an experiment in the garden, as well as an experiment in the kitchen. 





















A surprise, and a delight, is my baby fig tree!




Yep...figs!

And I can see a couple of places where there will be some more. So that's exciting.




And a pumpkin! Of course, for now it is going to be a surprise to find out if it is a white or orange pumpkin. I planted both there. Borers got to a couple of the other plants. But, fingers crossed, I can get this one to maturity.

The Zucchini Rampicante Squash, which I planted last year for a friend, has decided to make a comeback on the compost heap.




In the front yard, it is basically just trying to keep it watered and things from dying. Plus, I still have beds to weed and plants in containers to get into the ground...oh, well.


The Raspberry Ripple Dianthus is coming along. 




The Rudbeckia, which was planted last year around the front yard, is seemingly loving the heat and humidity.









This morning it's cloudy, overcast and a tiny, tiny bit of drizzle. I'm hoping it will rain more. But for now, I'm happy with the way things are going.












Comments

Popular Posts