Creative Play

It seems like forever since I have sat down and taken a few minutes to be 'creative'.  Darn LIFE keeps getting in the way.  But earlier this week I was reminded we all need to take time and be a little 'arty' every day by Daisy Yellow.  In a week I will be up to my ears in homework for school.  And if everyone keeps their fingers crossed for me and the wait list clears for my Philosophy class, then I will have my Associate of Arts degree in December.

I pulled a couple of pictures I took on my whirlwind trip to and from Arizona last weekend.  The first is a flower from a shrub at a rest stop in Arizona.  Here is the original picture....



And here is my mandala created from it....



I decided since the reason for this trip was Savvy, I would take one of her boulder pictures and create a mandala.  One of the things I like about making the mandalas is the surprise you get about what turns out from using only a portion of the picture.

The original boulder picture...



I really like this picture because it is so 'otherworldly' to me.  I think of it as the setting for a Mars movie.  Either that, or they look like Rodin sculptures or modern art which should be in front of a museum somewhere.

And this is the mandala....


This one actually makes me dizzy looking at it.  I feel like I am falling into the center, very much a feeling of vertigo.  Savvy and I did have a giggle with this one, because once again I have created something which looks like a lot of vaginas, flanked by ovaries.  With upside down hearts.  I prefer to think of it as honoring the goddess.

Comments

Popular Posts