Odds and Ends

I didn't really have anything planned for a post today.  But I did have a few assorted photos of things which have cropped up this past week which were interesting.

The first is the seed pod of a yucca plant which is growing in the 'garden' in front of my doctor's office.  I was there this week to get 'stuff' done so I could qualify for gift cards from our insurance company based on preventive actions.  My appointment was at 7:00 am and the doors opened promptly at 7.  I was there a few minutes early and went over to take a look at these pods.






























They were really fascinating and about the size of the palm of my hand.  And HARD.  So I am over there poking and touching them and taking pictures with my camera and pretty soon had 2-3 other people over there, poking and prodding and discussing how odd they were.

Then this week, Texter has been trying to figure out how to get Lady K, a bag and a car seat through various airports on her way from Montana to North Carolina.  Lady K was a willing assistant in this endeavor (whether we wanted her to be or not).  I looked up to see everything strapped down and on and in....


I think Texter was getting a 'thumbs up' approval from Lady K.  The car seat is strapped to the rolling bag by the way.

But the oddest thing, and perhaps the funniest, was when I picked Savvy up from work and was heading home.  We were stopped at a stop light and this is what was in front of me....


I've seen a lot of things covering the ball on the hitch, but I think this one takes the cake.  I'm still debating if it is funny or creepy.  Right now, I'm leaning toward the creepy side.


Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts