Elementary, My Dear


The past month of taking Instagram pictures started out with taking a 'selfie', something I have always avoided doing.  But the whole idea got me started thinking about other things (which I do at least once a year whether I want to or not).  I have always considered myself drawn to the element of Earth. 

I'm a Virgo, we are grounded by 'dirt'.  I enjoy sinking my fingers in the ground and planting things. I will go barefoot in a heartbeat, digging my toes into the earth and loving a walk on the beach with the feel of the sand underneath.

But lately I have been drawn to other elements.  Water has taken on a whole new fascination for me, particularly waterfalls.  Those water throwing itself off the side of a cliff and tumbling down in reckless abandonment.  Tons and tons of water, the roar sounding like a freight train, getting louder and louder as you get nearer.  And the little waterfalls created by logs and branches getting jammed up in the creek beds.

Air is another 'air-ea' which has gained my attention over the past year or so.  There is almost always a breeze (just short of gale-force at times) and the clouds which cruise by, coming over the mountains, settling on peak tops.

I was stumped by the element of 'fire' until I realized how much I love scented candles burning.  We have them burning almost every day around the apartment.  There is nothing more magical than the flicker of the flame in the dark.

So what does all this mean?  Beats me, I'm hoping it means that I am finally, after long years of searching and seeking, becoming more rounded in my spiritual life.  But for now, I'll just enjoy the view.

Comments

Popular Posts