Different Gardens for Different Folks

These days, Lady K adores trips to the local nurseries and greenhouses. And plant shopping with her has gotten me thinking about how gardens mean different things to different people and how we all seem to have different expectations when we garden.

For Lady K, her requirements are simple...pink and/or fuzzy. Smelling good helps, but pink is the main consideration. 





Miss Oklahoma, up in Montana, is putting the finishing touches on a raised bed garden area she has been planning for months now. It is going to be lovely. Her borders are filled with flowers of all kinds and explode in a riot of color in the summer. And so does Ms. Peony. She has a raised vegetable garden and her yard is filled with beds.

My problem with their gardens? There's grass!

I dislike grass. Well, lawn technically.

My ideal garden is lush and overflowing, with no sense of order. And fragrance! I have to have fragrance. 

Planning...phiff. 

I'll have areas, but I am not really a 'planner'. 

However, despite the difference in gardens, I am really glad we all have different tastes. How boring it would be if all gardens were the same. 

In the meantime, I am enjoying looking at pink plants that glitter. 

Comments

Popular Posts