Tuesday Sundries - BinCity with Lady K

Well, it definitely wasn't an exercise in social distancing, but it was fun. 

Last week, I had Lady K overnight. The next morning we got up early (4:30 am) and left the house about 7:00 a.m. and headed to Bush-n-Vine for peaches and strawberries. And ice cream for breakfast.

Then we were going to head to the other side of Charlotte to BinCity for their dollar day sale. Of course, Lady K needed to rest up for part two of the day.


BinCity is a retail liquidator. They stock up for Friday where everything is $7 each. Then each day the price goes down. On Wednesday, they clean out and everything is $1 each or you can buy a garbage bag and stuff it for $25. Additional bags cost less.

Anyway, Texter and I have been before. And this is inside, so Lady K and I would be out of the rain.
A couple of hours later and we dragged our bags to the car and headed home.

Lady K has a very simple criteria for selecting her 'treasures' - 

  • Pink - anything pink is examined
  • Glitter - does it have bling?
  • Unicorns - are there unicorns involved?

We did find a fox bank for Texter which I feel was my big find for the day. However, my main items I am very pleased with.































I found a package of these huge leaves made out of a ripstop nylon. I went wild with double sided tape and attempted to turn my room into a 'jungle'. Savvy thinks I have achieved an Animal Crossing house. (For non-Animal Crossing people, their symbol is a huge leaf similar to these.)

I also found a pack of magnetic butterflies, which I taped to the wall too.

Following the leaf theme...


A whole roll of ribbon - all vine-looking. Not sure what I am going to use it for, but it will be used. Texter has asked for some to wrap up a gift for an internet trade thing she is doing in August.


These lovely wooden mandala buttons. Once again not sure what I am doing to do with them, but for $1 for this bag of them, I couldn't leave them.


I found this pop-up card and snatched it up. Right now it is open on my shelf. Not sure I will ever mail this to anyone.

But this last item is something Lady K insisted I get. She named it my "Adventure Hat".


It's about a $20 hat, which I got for $1. And being told it was an 'adventure hat' - how could I leave it?

I also picked up two large dog coats which Noel can use. And then two tiny size which will (hopefully) be on their way to Montana soon for a friend's new dog.

It was a fun day and got us out of the house, despite the rain. And I can't wait to do it again. After I put up more leaves!

Comments

Popular Posts