Seedy Saturday - Aphids and Bugs and Tomatoes, Oh, My!

I am loving my little enclosed garden. Despite a big dip in overnight temperatures this past week, everything has done quite well. 



I am in love with these petunias. They are taking over their end of the planter and spilling over. Now I wish I had invested in more than one plant and made a large display of them. I will know for next year. 



Another delight is my Bug Bat Pitcher Plant bloom. The center is actually puffed up and like a little pillow in the center. I need to find a larger flat planter to put both of my pitcher plants in so it has room to stretch out. I have several new pitchers and they are close to 12 inches tall. 

Now my poor tomatoes...

They are actually doing quite well. And most of the plants I had in pots at the end of March are now showing baby tomatoes. But Friday was spent with a spray bottle of detergent and water, spraying them down for aphids! 




However, they haven't seem to have made the plants unhappy yet. But plenty of baby tomatoes forming despite the cold temperatures earlier in the week. 

I also have a 'volunteer' coming up in the banana planter.


Not sure what tomato it is, so it will be interesting to see what happens with it. I will probably dig it up and move it to a more suitable container in the coming week when I plant my other tomatoes.

My grapevine is another plant I am excited about.


Baby grapes! It is definite, I have achieved baby grapes. Now if I can keep them growing strong until time to harvest them. 

So for now it is all about spraying for the aphids and getting 18 tomatoes and peppers into pots. And a possible trip to pick up some more?






Comments

  1. Sheer delight to see your garden grow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts