Week in Review - April 26 - May 2


I was treated Saturday morning on my way to work with a beautiful sunrise. It made a great beginning to a hectic day at work. And capped off a busy, but full week.

It also capped off a week where my stimulus check arrived and was turned into savings immediately. A nice increase to my house fund.

I also received my book for the Book Hive Book Club, Mama's Last Hug. I am not sure about the book as it is not something I would normally pick up. But I'm set to start reading it. 

My days off were Wednesday and Thursday and I had Lady K over to the house to spend the night. I gardened while she and Aunt Savvy played Animal Crossing. 

Thursday morning was spent on an online class from the UNCC Botanical Gardens in Botanical Drawing. I had received my package of art supplies a couple of days before.


And my subject I was going to draw had a 'extra' element I didn't realize at first.


Three hours of exercises and discussion on drawing, I completed this...


Not the greatest. I'm not giving up my day job to depend on my art to support me, but I'm happy with the outcome. 

But I'm not the only artist in the family.


I had mailed her a postcard with a seahorse on it and she drew me a seahorse. However, her interests are not centered on Animal Crossing. Texter videoed her reading the opening dialogue which contains guite a few 'big' words. Very impressive for a 7 year old. Even her teacher was impressed with her reading skills.

Otherwise this week...

  • Wrote 7 posts
  • Walked over 5000 steps 6 days
  • Celebrated 1 year of the store I work in
  • Did my April review and set up my May goals and updated my Kanban board
  • Did my budget review and set up May budget

This coming week...

  • Meet up, social distancing maintained, with NCTomatoMan to get a copy of his book and some tomato and pepper seedlings
  • Get my new Erin Condren 18 month calendar and figure out exactly how I am going to use it
  • Plant up the last of my tomatoes, beans and peppers and set up a compost bin
  • Read on Mama's Last Hug
  • More use of Save The Cat! software

But for now...off to work.

Comments

Popular Posts