Instagram Challenge Day 5 - A Self Love Date

I imagine a 'self love date' is much like an 'artist date' if you follow Julia Cameron as well as Gala Darling.  It's time to do something that 'you' want, rather than something the family (or others) want.  A time to recharge, to be inspired, to create....




Yep, if it's July, it's the Tour de France.  My time!

I don't know why I enjoy it so much.  It could be the commentary through the lovely countryside of France.  It could be 200 men in very tight pants, peddling away.  Not really sure, but I do enjoy it.
There are some groups which form, much like watching the Olympics (or World Cup Soccer) to knit or crochet or sew along with watching the events on TV.  This year I will be doing the same, knitting on Dr. Who and mini-Who scarves.  I figure it is pretty mindless knitting (just have to count rows and change colors) and can crank it out pretty rapidly.

So my Self Love Date assignment has been set for almost a year now and I will be up early to watch the live coverage at...sigh...4 a.m. my time.  Coffee beside me, knitting in hand (ok, iPad there too) and ready to watch them start the race in Great Britain.

Comments

Popular Posts