Wednesday, July 02, 2014
Setting (or Resetting) Priorities
That grimace on my face is because I had just done about 20 leg lifts with a 26 pound weight on them. This is how I often have to knit these days. Luckily, what I am knitting is not something which requires my full attention. The item at the end of my feet is what commands that, and sometimes not too quietly.
But I went through 'things' the past couple of days when I was FINALLY updating my calendar. I did some mental math and realized....
(1) The 45 books on top of the entertainment center I had checked out from the library - not happening. So I printed out a list of everything I had checked out and then took the majority of the books back to the library. As I finish books I have, I can recheck the others out again.
(2) I head out to Arizona in 4 weeks to pick up Savvy. I'm so excited she is moving to Montana. I know that things aren't working out quite the way she had hoped, so the move is a bit bitter-sweet for her, but I am excited for both of us.
(3) School starts up again in 6 weeks and I'm taking a full load of classes. Getting close to getting 4 certifications in web design/graphic arts and an Associate Degree in Graphic Arts.
(4) The Tour de France starts on the 5th and if you have followed me for any length of time, you know this is my month! Luckily, I can watch the cycling and work on my Dr. Who scarves at the same time. My goal is to finish the scarf by the end of the month by watching the Tour. And I have a co-worker who is an avid biker who will also be watching. It's great to talk to someone who enjoys it as much as I do.
(5) I signed up to be a leader for NaNoWriMo in November for the Helena area. We have some leaders around the state, but no one nearby. So in addition to trying to complete NaNoWriMo again (and school work), I will hopefully be approved and be leading writing sessions.
(6) My desire for a MFA in Creative Writing....well, that's another post entirely.