Sewing and Walking


I got out my sewing machine to brush up on my skills and to clean the dust off of it.  Not touching my sewing machine in over a year has been tougher than I thought.  I made a couple of aprons for a possible upcoming project out of unbleached muslin.  Lady K was fascinated by the pins with their colored 'flowers' on the top.  Once the aprons were done and Texter was trying them on, she loved the apron ties.


I have enough muslin left over I think a little apron is necessary.  But my skills haven't really gone down hill too much in the past year.  I am helping a friend/co-worker make up a quick costume and then a t-shirt quilt.  That one I am looking forward to.  Both Texter and Savvy have a ton of t-shirts which could be recycled into quilts.  So the sewing machine will start to become a regular piece of equipment out of the closet now, although I am still doing my hand piecing on the La Passacaglia quilt and crocheting an afghan (among other things).

One thing I have started trying to do, is while at work, instead of eating a snack on my break to head out down the walking mall for a quick stroll.  Not only is the weather beautiful lately, I also get a chance to see things like this...


Unfortunately, the 'head' is in the sun and I couldn't get a good picture of it.  To me, it looks like a phoenix and I love phoenix.  If that doesn't bring a smile to your face, I don't know what will.

Comments

Popular Posts