Summer "Vacation" Plans

I think most of us are still stuck, at least in the corner of our minds, with the whole 'summer vacation' idea.  Even when out of school for years, we still have that whole, "it's summer and what am I doing to do" mentality.

This summer is no exception and it's the summer of freedom before Texter starts school and I become more of a sitter for Lady K while Texter is in school and studying.  A reversal of rolls, in a way.

But I have some ideas of things I want to do before we have to put the nose to the grindstone (Savvy can't get her nose away from the grindstone!)
  • More knitting/crocheting/handwork...maybe trying to get out the sewing machine and see if Lady K and I can get to an agreement on leaving my 'stuff' alone
  • More hikes, both with and without Texter and Lady K
  • Walking the dogs more...in short, more exercise
  • Fresh foods
  • Lots of day trips.  One of my first ones I want to go to the Garden of 1000 Buddhas
  • More, much more, writing
  • More, much more, reading
  • One Photoshop tutorial a week to keep my skills up
Actually, these are things I want to do all year. We shall see how my summer vacation shapes up.



This is only through round 29 of the Sophie's Universe.  And on Dr. Who I am about 1/3 of the way through.  Hopefully, I will stretch it out and take pictures of both the actual Dr. Who and the Lady K's Dr. Who scarf.

Another project I am starting up again are my hexies.  Since it is handwork, I can carry it around and there is little to get into for little hands.



Right now I only have about 80 hexies.  They are the 2.5 inch size.  Not exactly sure what pattern I am going with or if I am just going to make it a gradient quilt top.  I have put out a call to my sewing friends for scraps.  

This week, since it is suppose to be rainy all week, I think I am going into the closets and see what scraps I have available to use.  And to locate some of my needles and thread.  

On the 'yarn' front, once through with Sophie and Dr. Who, I have a quick knitting project for a friend (a cowl) and then perhaps finish up a couple of projects.  I have the yarn for a pair of socks and a shawl I would like to do.

Being finished with school (at least for now) means more time for 'fun' things.

Comments

  1. Garden if 1000 Buddhas ... Sounds intteresting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I love the colors that you picked for your Sophie. It will be beautiful. I would steal it if I was your daughter too. My kids have threatened to take mine as well. I guess I'll have to make more. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts