17 Before 2017 Update

Note to self: Don't take a picture from below.  Too many chins!

A month into my "17 Before 2017" list and I actually think it's going pretty darn good.

  1. Order my Hobonichi for 2017 - done, received and using already!
  2. Attend Silent Writing Meet-ups - not yet, because I have been hosting NaNoWriMo meet-ups
  3. Plan possible classes/workshop to offer via the library - done, submitted for review and awaiting a response for no or go
  4. Sew one piece of clothing monthly - not even
  5. Clean out my closet and the front closet, arranging my sewing better - in process, about 3/4 of the way through 
  6. Purchase 1 new towel and plant monthly and 1 new set of sheets quarterly - so far, so good.  Was needing a plant for November when the bulbs we ordered for a school fundraiser arrived. Will see how December goes.
  7. Journal and/or write to prompt daily - well, there's NaNoWriMo and a bit of journaling, so I am counting this as a success so far
  8. Do the Hal Elrod Level 10 Life sheets and add to my planner - as soon as I can find where I wrote it down and colored in I will add to my planner!
  9. Start a "Masterminds Group" for goal accountability - done!
  10. Figure out my major goals for 2017 - done and actually adding to my 2017 major project calendar
  11. Lose 10 pounds - not happening!
  12. Hit 3 months of meeting my goal walking - nope
  13. Have $20 in my 'bag' for monitoring my spending inspiration - going well, but to $10 so far. $20 will be December and that will be the tough one.
  14. Have a successful NaNoWriMo in 2017 - so far on track and some new people to the write-ins
  15. Catch up on the RSC16 Challenge - nope, dumping this one as part of my new goals
  16. Finish Sophie's Choice afghan - sidelined by TMNT afghan of which I am need XXX/165 left
  17. Finish the Knit and Swirl Sweater - See #16!

Right now I am on a scramble to complete 4 guinea pig cage pads (don't even ask) and a baby blanket by this weekend.  

Numbers 4, 11, 12 and 16 will not be happening.  But even if I didn't have about 6 weeks to go, I would still be pleased with what has been accomplished so far.

For 2017?  Well, I had thought about an '18 before 2018', which would probably take place toward the end of the year.  But right now I am toying with '60 Before 60'.  Yep, I turn 60 next year!  I will have to see how my thought process goes with regard to goals for next year.

Comments

  1. That's pretty ambitious....but look how much you accomplished! That's awesome. I think you should totally do a 60 Before 60, and just repeat "made it to 60".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts