Yesterday was spent in a calligraphy workshop, learning a basic set of letters, Unical. Fun, but exhausting. It's hard to think 7 hours spent sitting can be tiring, but it is. Luckily, I was there with a friend and we were the 'back table' trouble-makers!
Now I can't wait to use what I learned in my planners! And keeping my eyes open for more workshops at Queen City Framing and Art Supplies. Deb was great in demonstrating the letters and encouraging up on the way.
After hanging up for months and months, my chickadees from the spring are back eating there, along with the sunflowers in the yard. And I noticed there is now a purple house finch at the feeder. MAYBE I will finally have a viable feeder!
Otherwise this past week was spent with three important events -
- Afternoon Trick or Treating with Lady K downtown (Texter, Savvy and CJ took her out that night for more Trick or Treating)
- NaNoWriMo started! 8500 words so far (on target) and three write-ins done
- First Friday Art Walk - Texter, Lady K and I strolled for a bit
- Bought my towel for the month (which Texter promptly used as it is a bath towel)
- Got the fabric cut out for my Bee Hive blocks
- Typed to a proposal for programs to give at the library in 2017 (fingers crossed)
- Attended Parrot staff meeting
- Finished 2 books
- Walked 43,666 steps or 62% of goal
- Wrote 4 posts
- Figured out menu for Thanksgiving and made a shopping list (except for desserts!)
- Ordered organic turkey for pick up before Thanksgiving
The coming week is going to be a bit strange. Actually, the next couple of weeks are going to be 'odd'.
- Off Tuesday for Election Day
- Goal/Project finalizing and schedule for 2017 at Starbucks on Tuesday
- Three meet ups for NaNoWriMo
- Staying on target for NaNoWriMo
- Finish up Nemo hat for Lady K
- Start watching The Crown and finish up Westworld
- Trip to Missoula with Texter and Savvy for a day of window shopping while Lady K is in daycare - adulting! Not really how Veteran's Day should be celebrated, but this is the ONLY day we all have off and daycare open.
- Sew up Bee Hive blocks
And hopefully 'celebrating' on Election Day!
But for now I am going to go for another cup of coffee and figure out my breakfast plans!