Week in Review - November 6 - 12

What a weird, LONG week!


This is how I have been feeling...my Monkey Brain is all over everywhere!

So I have tried to pull in and regroup.  But with two days off this past week, my routine has been off. And I WON'T talk about the election.

Sad thing this past week. One of our managers at work stepped down. Will miss seeing her daily and working with her, but she is on to new adventures and we have several meet-ups scheduled during the month on the planners already.  A goal setting/accountability/coffee shop meeting, a "Stitch and Bitch" afternoon with several of us, and for December, a cookie exchange/potluck.

And election day, three of us met for a planning session.  Have things 'on the books' for 2017, so I do have a focus going forward. I also sent to our adult services manager a proposal for 2017 programs I would like to do and, hopefully, will hear back on that in the next week or so.

Otherwise this week -

  • Agreed to read a story for "Voice of Her Own" this spring (date unknown at this time).  This is really putting myself out there even though it is a humorous story.
  • Lead 2 NaNoWriMo writing meet-ups.
  • I'm at 17,794 words and, as of today, I should be at almost 22,000
  • Cleaned out front closet (still need to move a few things back to basement)
  • Partially cleaned out sewing area (still some stuff to move back to the basement)
  • Have 124 rows out of 165 rows to go on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle afghan
  • Shopping trip to Missoula with Texter. Found Savvy an outfit for a diamond event at her work (and bought me some undies at Victoria's Secret!)
  • Walked 41,971 or 60% of my goal
  • Wrote 4 posts
  • Finished 2 books
  • Some time quieting my "monkey brain"


I have a little postcard size coloring book which I have colored a couple of the pages so far.  I am thinking I will color at least one a week and add to my journal.  The elephant is stuck in between covers on "Dot" (what I'm calling my 2017 Hobonichi) and will probably change out as the year goes along and retiring old ones to the journal.

Elephants have a great meaning as guides.  You can read more here.  And based on this past week, compassion and supporting each other seems to be a great way to enter the coming year.

This coming week - 

  • Super Moon Monday night!  Depending on the weather (clouds or not) I will (hopefully) walk up the street into the hills and take some pictures.
  • Because I am already off on Tuesdays, I have this coming Wednesday off (to make up for Election Day and the library being closed)
  • Sew up a baby blanket for a friend of Texter's
  • Sew up 4 pads for guinea pig cages for the two new guinea pigs we are getting (don't ask!)
  • Two NaNoWriMo write-ins (hopefully catching up and getting ahead on word count)
  • Get some pre-winter yard work done

Well, Lady K is now up and I have to get her 'arranged' in her comfy chair and get myself more coffee.

Comments

Popular Posts