Friday Fiber and Fabrics - Or My Tentacles Won't Curl!


I plowed through creating this Octopus Hat rather quickly. 

I will admit the tentacles and suckers, which are crocheted separately and then joined together, were a bit tedious. Not hard, just boring after the first one or two.

But then you have to join them. 

And mine aren't curling!

Luckily, the designer has made a video and I know my problem is I am not crocheting 'tight' enough when I join the sucker to the tentacle.

Which is really funny, because when I first learned how to crochet from my grandmother, my problem was I crocheted too tight.

Oh, well. I will join my suckers and tentacles, curling or not, make the eyes and say 'over and done with'. Lady K is waiting impatiently for her purple octopus hat. 

Comments

Popular Posts