Week In Review - April 8 - 14

Boy, I feel like I have spent most of the week taking Texter here and there to pick up donations for her fundraising event next Saturday.


Packing a few boxes here and there and Lady K happily plays amongst the chaos. What you are viewing is her 'aquarium'. That's the little basked overturned by the lamp. The stories I listen to while she is playing are great.

What I am happy about, is even though he will have her own room with the new house, there is a large bonus room where our computers, my sewing, and plants will be. Along with a TV and a huge area for her to bring her toys and play. So I'll still be treated to some great stories.

The big event this week was a visit to the annual Helena Mineral Show at the Civic Center.



The bottom floor was filled with tons of vendors and a great display of different rocks and minerals from around the state.

I did 'manage' to buy a tiny pair of Montana Sapphire earrings. 

They had a tent set up with a black light so you could see how different rocks would glow under the different wavelength of light.


Lady K was in love with all the 'shiny' rocks.


But the best thing (at least to us) was the grab bags! For $1 you could get a grab bag. And they were worth much more than $1!


This is just one bag. Of course, I know nothing about the different stones. They did include a list of what could possibly be in the bag to help you identify the different stones. Lots of quartz crystals and calcite. We snatched up a bunch of bags and later in the day they were completely out. I won't mention we plan on being there early today to 'grab' a few of the bags they put back for Sunday.

I also picked up a geode which was only partially open. Just enough to sneak a peek at the inside. My goal is to pick up some stones I want for my altar and I have a bit of a list to go look for today since we are going back. Texter needs to pick up a couple of donations for her event from a couple of vendors.

Otherwise this past week...

  • Down a total of 10.4 pounds
  • Had a weird mole looked at and removed (it's ok it turns out)
  • Donated 'glow' fish to the daycare (one thing off our move checklist)
  • A couple of trips downtown and around town to pick up donations
  • Watched the original 'Jumanji' and the new 'Justice League' movies on DVD while knitting

The coming week...

  • Another stop at the rock show
  • Trip out to Tizer Gardens to say goodbye to them (sad)
  • Texter has an eye appointment
  • Pick up my new glasses (hopefully - they are taking 4 weeks rather than 2 weeks)
  • Pack a 'goody bag' for Savvy as they will leave next Sunday
  • Texter's big event on Saturday - I am the babysitter and 'go-fer' for the event

Once Savvy and CJ are out of the way (so to speak) and the event is over with, we can really ramp up packing and organizing of the remainder of the household. We will have CJ's old room downstairs to put boxes as we pack them and have things out of the way so we can sort and pack the rest of the house. 

But for right now, more coffee before I get dressed to hit the rock show again.

Comments

  1. You are helping raise one creative granddaughter. Hope I'm around to read her stories or view them (or live them in virtual reality?) some day. I love the rock exhibit with the lights at different wavelengths? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts