Tuesday Sundries or Boxes, Boxes, Everywhere


Unfortunately, this is the state of my living room this morning. I bought some boxes from UHaul and then the daycare gave us a ton of boxes yesterday afternoon. I think we might be set for boxes until the very end.

But this is my reality these days. Packing up things we aren't using at the present time. Like my sewing table - sob! Of course, the minute I packed it up was the very minute I wanted to sit down and sew.

Today, I'll move things around so I can get the living room 'tidied' a bit. One shelf unit in my bedroom was dismantled yesterday and the other one will be down today. 

This is my reality these days. Winding up the end of things here in Montana. Texter's final school project will conclude on the 21st of April with an afternoon at PetSmart raising funds for the local humane society to buy Science Diet for their animals. Then it's all downhill from there!

Savvy will be leaving in less than two weeks (the same weekend of the fundraising event!) Three weeks later it's walking across the stage for Texter and then hitting the road for the rest of us.

Things are pretty well set as far as moving van arrival and departure, letting utilities here know the last day of service and the ones in North Carolina, setting up the start-up dates. Hiring some young, strong men to help load the tons of boxes and what little furniture we have onto the van (I'm too old to do it with just Texter!)

Once at the new house in North Carolina, I'll have the moving van a day to myself before more people arrive, so I am planning on unloading the boxes that I can before they get there. At least off the van and into the garage. Or at least that is my plan.

But for now, it's packing up boxes and fabric and yarn. It's purging the kitchen and bathroom of things which don't need to be moved. It's dropping items into a large bin which I think I will need on the trip and those things I want to have at the house when I get there before the moving van arrives.

It's also hoping the lilacs get a chance to bloom in the next five weeks before we drive off. 

Comments

  1. Holding good thoughts for you as you get ready. Moving is always such an adventure but it looks like you have a great handle on it and the right attitude! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts