Week in Review - April 22 - 28


This time last week Savvy and CJ were on their way to North Carolina. And we left about 15 minutes behind them on our way to Yellowstone.

I had planned to drive via Yellowstone and Grand Teton on my way to North Carolina in a couple of weeks, but my plans were set aside as the roads through the two parks probably won't be fully opened to allow me to do so.

Texter also wanted a 'decompression' day after her fundraising event for the Lewis and Clark Humane Society. Which was pretty darn successful, despite the wind.

My goal was to see a couple of the springs I hadn't actually gotten out and walked around on our other visits.

The day was great. Sunshine, nice temperatures. 

Plus we took Amani with us since Noel was on her way to NC with Savvy. 


I'm in a 'funky' place right now. Most of the house is packed (I think). What remains is basically the kitchen and the rest of the bathroom items. But we still have a week until the moving van comes. So the real push to pack will come next weekend. 

I have hired the son of a friend and some of his friends to come over for a few hours the day the van is here to help load. They just drop off the van, we load, and then it gets driven to NC for us. But frankly, I'm too old and Texter too busy with the final days of school, to load it ourselves. Thus, young males are involved!

Of course, it seems every time I go to look for something the past couple of weeks, it's already packed up in a box. And I keep changing my mind about what I want to take with me and what I want to be delivered. Just a couple of days of 'roughing' it in the house before and after the move.

All of us are antsy and feel like we are in a permanent holding position. Texter will be glad to be out of school and have it over and done with. Kayden is looking forward to seeing the beach and the zoo and start school and riding a bus (we'll have to see about that part). Me, I just want it over and done with so I can get into a routine again.

And see some old friends again.

Savvy and CJ are in their new house already. And I have identified a peach tree in her backyard and given explicit instructions to 'leave that tree alone'!

So the coming week will be sorting and packing the kitchen and bathroom and getting ready to load the van the first part of next week. And watching a lot of Harry Potter, as we have introduced Lady K to them.

But for now, it's more coffee (which will be in the car with me!)

Comments

Popular Posts