Week In Review - April 1 - 7

Today is 5 weeks away from our big move!

A change we have made to our plans is reserving a hotel room in Bozeman for Saturday, May 12. Texter's graduation will be earlier in the day than we thought, so we are going to have everything packed and go ahead and make it to Bozeman. We can sleep on real beds (ours will have been gone since the 9th) and have a nice dinner. Then breakfast the following morning, dump them let them off at the airport and watch them through security and then the race is on!

But in the meantime, a couple of changes at the house (beyond things going into boxes).


I finished up the cat pillows for Texter's Capstone Project raising money for the local humane society for Science Diet pet food.

With that project out of the way I boxed up most of my sewing 'stuff'. The sewing machine is in it's carrying case. Rulers, cutting mats, thread, fabric...all boxed up. 

This gives Texter a table to make some posters on and then that table will be folded up and boxes stacked in that area as they are packed up. It's sad. I packed it up and immediately wanted to sew something! Anything!

However, this will focus my attention on my knitting, crocheting, and needlework. Not that I don't have enough projects in various states of completion, I volunteered to test knit a hat for Brigadoon Fiber Farm. I had promised Lady K a hat and I was selected to knit the 'youth' size hat.

Quick and easy knit and I made it with a bright, hot pink, raspberry chunky yarn. She loved the color and the yarn is soft.


Since it's 'youth' size, it is a bit big.  However...


if you flip up the ribbing it fits nicely. It had to be coaxed off her at bedtime. 

Texter tried it on as she liked the soft yarn, but I don't think she will get any wear out of it.


A basic knit hat with a 'panel' of purl stitches to lend interest. I like it.

Otherwise this week...


My little Dendrobium opened up. The flower is about the size of my little fingernail. It's cute, but I'm finding I have a love for the bigger orchids and wanting those huge flowers.

And the weather is driving me crazy. One day it's in the 40's and the next...


Yep, about 6 inches fell and then pretty much melted that day. It's so crazy and everyone is so over snow and winter. 

I do have to give Montana plants kudos for hardiness. As the snow disappears, there are tulips coming up in my yard. And the strawberry plants in one cedar planter and the chives in another planter are showing green and growing. But want my Zone 7 again! Friends in North Carolina are posting all kinds of spring flower pictures...

And discussing the pollen 'fall' which seems to be pretty heavy this year. Right now I'll trade white for yellow.

Otherwise this week...

  • down .6 pounds, for a total of 8.6 pounds. Slowly, but surely.
  • Several bags of outgrown clothes to Goodwill and the school
  • Met up with friends at Panda Express for lunch and to turn over 2 bags of 'travel Montana' books which I don't need any more
  • Attended lecture by a local author at the library
  • Quick trip to Missoula to buy a router and modem (CJ is taking the current set-up with him in a couple of weeks)
  • Finished 4 books - none of which I really cared for
  • Finished up Season 2 of The Magicians
  • Watched 'Blade Runner 2049' and really confused - maybe I shouldn't have been knitting while watching
  • Outfit for Texter's graduation day selected
The coming week...
  • More packing and stacking
  • Orchid meeting on Saturday (last one here)
  • Maybe attend the Rock Show next weekend
  • Craft hour at the library today
  • Watching 'The Shape of Water' and 'Darkest Hour'
  • Reading what I have at the house from the library (I need to stop reserving books!)

But for now, more coffee on this slightly cloudy Sunday.



Comments

Popular Posts