Postitive Focus Thursday - Boxes and Packing

First, I want to state for the record - I am not the world's greatest housekeeper. In fact, I probably wouldn't rank in the top billion or so. But neither will I be featured on 'Hoarders' and people still step into my house.

That said, IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!

Boxes and clutter and disarray everywhere!

(Deep breath)


We are three and a half weeks away from the moving van being here. And Texter and I have started packing some of the 'unessential' items. 

Problem is, we really don't have anywhere to put the boxes we are packing. And the daycare has given us a ton of boxes, so there are stacks of empty boxes everywhere. 

I'm feeling boxed it.

One thing I have discovered over the years is this sort of chaos and clutter drives me nuts. It preys on all the 'bad' feelings I harbor in my wee little brain. 

So I have to remain focused on the fact it isn't a permanent state of existence. 

Today I am going to move a few things around and start 'organizing' my boxes a bit. 

And if I am tense and getting frazzled with the effects of the move, then Texter is strung out to the max!

Her big capstone project is 9 days away. Once it's done, she has her final presentation and 3 finals to take. 

Oh, and walk across the stage in a cap and gown.

Lady K...well...

We have had a couple of meltdowns over donating the fish to the daycare and leaving her sandbox turtle to the school too. Between the fire and the move, I know in the back of her mind she thinks she is losing everything.

We have worked out a strategy to help soothe her fears. We are packing up her toys last. And holding out from loading them until the very last thing. That way she can watch us put them in the van and know they are going to North Carolina. 

She is excited about finally having her own room and a 'big bed' (she's getting a full-size bed). There will be room on the bed for all her cuddlies (stuffed animals). And kittens. She has been promised a kitten when we move.

So, for me, it's eating right, don't stress (ha, ha, ha) and it will all get done in time. Four weeks in time!

Comments

Popular Posts