Seedy Saturday - The Heat is On!

Yesterday started a streak of weather in the 90's and for now, it doesn't show any relief coming. While I was initially concerned about my 'garden' being in as much shade as it is, with this hot weather I am actually glad. 

I moved all the pots of herbs in front of the garden bed so they aren't sitting on the driveway in the sun this week. The lemon tree, peony and avocado were moved off the patio to reside beside the garden since I now have a 'pool' on the patio.


It's really looking lush and full now. I need to get in and prune the zucchini some. It looks like the 'female' flowers are starting to grow. The tomatoes are flowering and setting fruit. The tomatillos are covered in flowers, however, I don't see any fruit set. I'm not sure what's going on. But I'm worried about the heat which might stop everything from really putting it's best 'root' forward.

My peppers are starting to have baby peppers.


With tomatoes starting, peppers coming on and the cilantro growing, can salsa making be far behind?

And these two beauties...


have gone to Texter along with a handful of mint and a couple of lemons (not from my tree). She wants them to flavor her water. In true cucumber fashion, I knew about the little cucumber, but the larger one took me by surprise when I moved the pot to mow around it. Tricky cucumbers!

I need to drill holes in some pots so I can transplant my seedlings into them. I got about a dozen 2-gallon size pots from the floral display at work. They ship flowers in these pots with water in them and then they throw them away. The floral lady now knows I want those pots!

But for now, it's off for a walk around Farmer's Market to grab some early peaches and a watermelon before it gets too hot.


Comments

Popular Posts