Seedy Saturday - Patience!

My daughters would giggle at the idea I am a patient person. Actually, under certain circumstances, I can be patient. Plotting revenge takes a bit of time. But when it comes to the garden or plants, I'm not always the most patient person. My thought is "you are in the ground, grow!"

But they are...

slowly.




My sugar snap peas have yielded a tiny bit. I really only grow them because they can take the cooler weather. Since this week is supposed to be in the high 80's, lower 90's, I think their time might be over soon.



The 'bin' of beans, pole and lima, are coming along well. The ones I planted a couple of weeks later beside the house are going to race them to a finish I feel.


Peppers and tomatoes are starting to put out flowers and 'baby' peppers, in this case. As are the cucumbers.


The cucamelon is slowly putting out the tiniest cucumbers ever. My zucchini, which had been covered in 'male' flowers, has been growing nicely, but no females have joined in yet. I'm frowning a bit at them. But they are pretty and green.



The herbs in pots are doing great. I took Savvy a huge bunch of cilantro earlier this week. I will soon start clipping and drying them for future use. I was lucky enough to get a box of small jars with chalkboard labels and clip tops for $3 at Goodwill. I'll wash them out and store my dried herbs in them this year.

My avocado...


plumeria...


peony...



and fig...


are really growing by leaps and bounds. I still hoping for maybe one tiny fig this year.

The vanilla orchid is putting out a second 'shoot'. So it means (at least too me) it is establishing itself and feeling rather happy at the moment.


And my flowers are doing well, some just starting to bloom, others almost there.








So for now, it's the waiting game. A different waiting game than when I was starting seeds. Or the one where I wait to plant things outside. This is the waiting game where I start seeing results!




Comments

Popular Posts