Week in Review - May 19 - 25

And summer has arrived! 

All 90 degree and then some. Along with its friend, humidity. 

Can I say I am not impressed?

But...

The garden is loving it. I have to say (knock on wood) this garden is one of the best I've had. The tomatoes, so far, are disease free. Must be the ton of grass clippings I have piled on the bed.  Flowers are lovely and growing like crazy.

I have picked 4 cucumbers so far.


Ok, so there are only two here. These went to Texter, along with a couple of lemons and some mint for her water. Then I walked outside last night and there were two more just like these. Now I have to make water for myself.


But this is my garden. My unsightly garden which is driving a couple of the HOA members crazy. Wait a few more weeks and the tomatoes are twice as tall and it will really drive them nuts. Ok, you can see the stakes, but can you see the chicken wire?


Even closer, you can't really see the wire. And while Miss J, across the street, has been having a running battle with the squirrels, I haven't had any issues. Well maybe a couple of small holes, but they haven't been eating anything except the seeds from the bird feeder.

The really BIG thing this past week?

Kindergarten Promotion Day!


Not only did Texter and I attend, but Mr. RaceCar, Savvy and CJ were there too. Afterward, Mr. RaceCar went back to work and the rest of us headed to the mall for some lunch and a trip to Build-A-Bear.  She was one of 6 who read something she had written during the program. She is officially a 'rising' first grader now.

Saturday, I picked up Texter and Lady K went EARLY to Farmer's Market.


I came home with the following:

  • Country Ham
  • Watermelon
  • Field Peas
  • Okra
  • Peaches
  • Green Beans
  • White Corn

which I will cook today for my dinner and to eat on during the week. I don't have Lady K until next Wednesday after work, so I don't have to worry about her 'taste'. Plus, I still have some tomatoes from the week before, so there will be cornbread and sliced tomatoes.

These two lovelies 'followed' me home.


I now have a Bug Bat and a Tarnok Pitcher Plant which are North American pitcher plants and stay outside year-round in peat moss. The one on the right gets bigger and about two feet tall. Loving them.

After Farmer's Market, we made a run to Joann Fabrics because I needed a 6" springform pan. I needed one to make cheesecake in an Instant Pot. I have made two now - Oreo and a Banana one. The Oreo (which wasn't in a springform pan) went to Texter and I have the Banana one in my fridge.

While at Joann's, I toyed with the idea of making some really loose and flowing pants for summer wear around the house. Nothing piqued my interest, so I did bring some three pieces of the already smocked fabric to make some loose and flowing dresses to wear instead. Texter has 2 coming, Lady K one and me one. Just one seam and probably some hemming and they are done. This is the first fabric I have bought in a year!

Wednesday was sad as a member of our extended family passed. He had been sick over the past year and was no longer able to do the things he really enjoyed - woodworking, hunting, fishing.  So, Granddaddy, go enjoy those things now and rest in peace. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Shampooed carpets
  • Walked over 5000 steps all 7 days!!!!
  • Finished 4 books
  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Covered the upstairs windows with a sheet to help keep out the sun in the afternoons. 
  • Bought a pool for the backyard for Lady K

This coming week...

  • Start training in the deli at work
  • Plant up the seedlings and bulbs I have 
  • Sew up the dresses
  • Lots of 'little' things on my to-do list
  • STAY COOL!

But for now, biscuits and country ham for breakfast!



Comments

Popular Posts