Tuesday Sundries - To Resell or Not to Resell...

I have been watching a couple of 'resellers' on YouTube lately (the Crazy Lamp Lady is my favorite). Well, for several months now. And part of me would LOVE to buy a pallet of returns and try reselling the stuff on eBay. Another part of me wants to haunt the thrift stores and buy things to resell.

Actually, I could kick myself I didn't snap up a load of the $1 LED lights from Dollar Tree and sell them on eBay in the spring as they were not available at every Dollar Tree.

In looking for black pants for work, I stopped by a couple of Goodwill stores. I just can't bring myself to pay $XX for a pair of simple black pants at WalMart or Target. Especially since both stores seem to feel the entire state of North Carolina are populated by 'petite' woman. The pants are all capri-style on me!

But for $3.99 (and if I go on Tuesday, another 25% off) I picked up 3 pair of black pants which were the cost of the one pair I bought at WalMart.

I couldn't resist looking for resale items though. To date, I have $6 'invested' in possible resale items.


This was the first item I picked up and paid $2.99.  And there is a bit of a story behind it.

The Portmeirion pattern is one I have adored for decades. There is a tiny, tiny chip on top of the spout, so I couldn't ask the 'full' price for it. On eBay, it is going for between $30 - $50. At Replacements, they are asking $100!

Even if I decide not to resell due to the chip, I know I will have to fight Savvy for this teapot. She'll state she makes hot tea more often than I do.

The second item I picked up was this planter. I could swear The Crazy Lamp Lady picked a similar one up on one of her videos for resale.


It's a planter, but it doesn't have drainage holes, so if I keep it I would have to set a pot down into it, not plant something directly into it. But I only have $1.99 invested in it. And I think I could get about $10 for it on eBay.

Something I bought on Saturday (while on cold meds I might add), I picked up this little covered bowl for $1.


It's a nice size and would make a great little candy dish, jewelry holder, or even fill it with cat treats.

The problem with this bowl...cats! 

I can see Savvy wanting it for her own and if I don't resell it I might turn it into a future gift. Fill it with some Godiva chocolates.

But for now, 'To Resell, or not to Resell, that is the question."


Comments

  1. Good buy, you are really a good entrepeneur. Also, the pallets can be recycled into usefull items like tables, chairs so on so forth, mine, I build a koi pond madeup of wooden pallet frame

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts