Week in Review - April 28 - May 4

Another week of WOW!

So full of 'stuff' and very little done on my mundane to-do list, but it has been fun and interesting. 


Last Sunday, with some strawberries and blueberries from Farmer's Market needing to be utilized, I made a batch of Strawberry/Blueberry Jam. I 'winged' it with a recipe from the Sure-Jel box and it is great. I had almost 5 pints. One went to Texter, one to Savvy and the rest are MINE!


'My' new Food Lion store is now open!

Tuesday evening, the company put on a great employee open-house for the store. Tons of pulled pork and chicken with all the fixings and a chance to wander around the store, which I hadn't really had a chance to do yet. Texter, Savvy, and Mr. CJ, along with Lady K, joined us for the event. 

The rest of the week was spent working 8 hours, checking out people coming to the new store. Everyone who came in was full of praise for the appearance of the store and glad we were in the neighborhood now. Next week will be the same - lots of hours!

Saturday had a fun start, as Lady K and I went to a you-pick-it farm, Bush N Vine, across the state line in South Carolina. 



They had a buy one, get one 50% off on gallon buckets of strawberries. It was really nice as Saturday started out overcast and cool, just right to go picking berries. Check out the post on Tuesday for more details on this 'adventure'.

While I plan on more jam (need a year's supply), some might happen to fall into the bottle of Gulch Distillers vodka I have to become strawberry vodka.

I tried to do some work-from-home Saturday afternoon, but unfortunately, Mother Nature had a different idea, sending a series of thunderstorms through the area.


It started out with some rumbles and a tiny bit of small hail and then it 'dumped'. It showed I need to address that one problem spot on the gutters again. We lost power for about an hour, much to Lady K's dismay. 

We went outside during the rain and between showers, jumping in puddles (Lady K) and picking up baby chickadees who fell out of the birdhouse and putting them back in there. I think they were just starting to fly and got caught out in the storm. Two were a bit wet and one had landed on the porch and was dry. Hopefully, they all dried off and warmed up back in the nest. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Wrote three posts
  • Bought new black shoes and innersoles for them (still need more cushioning)
  • Was without internet for 24 hours due to an AT&T outage
  • Watched The Green Book and it's a really good movie

This coming week...
  • Put up chicken wire for my pole beans to climb
  • Plant some flowers, tomatoes and peppers I 'added' to the garden
  • Hope the grass dries out enough to mow it
  • Gear up for the Eddie Izzard concert on the 13th (which is also Texter's birthday and one year since we left Montana)
  • 30 hours at Food Lion (maybe more if Lady K does go to her dad's next weekend) 
  • Getting in hours for my work-from-home job

But for now, more coffee and pulling out the to-do list to see what I can get through today!



Comments

Popular Posts