Week in Review - May 5 - 10


Good Morning, Glory!

Ugh...

I am battling a cold or something like it. Dayquil and Nyquil are my best friends. Not only do I need to get rid of this because I have to work, but Monday evening is my night with Eddie Izzard and I have to drive the girls (and Lady K) to/from Raleigh/Durham.

Secondly, we seem to have this 'weekend' thing. Rain like a crazy storm on the weekend. I watched my tomatoes lay down yesterday afternoon as rain (accompanied with a tornado warning) came through. This morning, doing a brief check, the tomatoes are standing back up for the most part. But I do need to be able to cut the yard to add more mulch to the bed which had gotten washed out yesterday. However, not only is the ground/grass soaked, but I feel like hamburger right now. 

With me working almost full time now, there is little going on outside work and gardening. I know that's how I have scheduled things, but it seems so boring. And I haven't found a good book lately. In fact, I have only finished one book this past week. I have been pouring over books on seed saving, however, so that will up my count next week. In the meantime, I have started rereading the Anita Blake series. Can't go wrong with some Laurell K. Hamilton.


The only other 'thing' which occurred this past week is my battle with the HOA police over my garden. Luckily, she said 'it's all in your bylaws which I gave you'. Yes, it is. And there is nothing about what you can and can't plant in your yard, front, back or side. With or without wooden stakes and chicken wire. I win!

So today, I am making a list of things to pack for our trip to see Eddie. We are dropping Lady K off with her other grandfather/grandmother to babysit while Savvy, Texter and I go see Eddie. The tickets are Mr. RaceCar's birthday gift to Texter. I am the driver and picnic packer. 

Otherwise this week...
  • 6 days of 5000 plus steps
  • Wrote 6 posts

The coming week (other than seeing Eddie Izzard)...
  • Check for damage and remulch my tomato bed
  • Mow the yard
  • Work and pick up some hours in the deli area on the weekend

But for now, more cold meds and more coffee.

Comments

Popular Posts