Fabric and Fiber Friday - Baby Blanket Progress


It's almost done!

I am on the decreasing half now, so the progress will be quicker and quicker. And once I finish the 'square', I have a few rounds of a simple border to tidy up the edges. 

I do have another skein of the yarn to use to finish up the design and for the border. I am really happy about how it is turning out.

On the first skein, I started in the center of the 'cake' of yarn. Then when I ran out, almost exactly in the center, I started on the outside of the skein since it was the same color as what I was ending with on the first skein. While not exact, it has given me a reverse 'sameness' on both sides of the blanket. 

The colors are bright and happy for a baby blanket and the weight is nice. I think it will work out nicely to throw on the floor or snuggle down in a stroller.

Fingers crossed, at the rate I am progressing, I will have it finished in time for the baby shower on November 2. Then it will be back to the Sock Slouch Hat. I need a hat with a pom-pom on it!

Comments

Popular Posts