Fabric and Fiber Friday - Knitting Project Queue

Since my space is limited these days, sewing is out of the question. So I have been pulling out knitting projects I can lay my hands on out of the storage unit.

I had this skein of special edition Farmer's Daughter yarn I purchased before I left Montana. I bought it not knowing what I was going to do with it. But since it was a skein I could reach, I decided to find 'something' to do with it.

I have gone with the Sockhead Slouch Hat by Kelly McClure since it takes one skein of the type of yarn I have. And in North Carolina weather, I can get away with wearing this type of hat.



I love the green and grey of the yarn. What I'm not liking is the 4 inches of ribbing I need to do before I get to the 'mindless' part of the hat.


It is pooling the colors which I hope is less noticeable as the hat progresses. (I also have an issue with keeping the ribbing going on the grey side.)

But to make it a bit more fun...


I picked up a furry pom-pom at Michaels for $2.99 to add. I might have gone with a grey one, but I think it will pick up the bits of white in the yarn nicely.

Also in the knitting queue is another pair of socks.


I really should be knitting like crazy on these so I can get them done by Halloween! It won't happen.


This is the Fox Paws scarf kit I bought a while back from Crafty (which is now out of business). It will be an interesting knit as I will learn a couple of new techniques with this scarf. So it won't be one that I can pick up and carry around with me like the hat and socks.

I am loving getting back into the 'groove' with creating something with my hands, even if it isn't quilting. And it allows me to watch Netflix and Amazon Prime shows and have something to do with my hands while my poor aching feet are propped up.


Comments

Popular Posts