Week in Review - September 29 - October 5

Whew!

Ok, so I missed last weekend and doing my weekly review. And it really bugged me all week. I felt slightly 'incomplete'. 

But while work is going well, I am just not used to working 40 hour week. Fingers crossed, it will become a permanent 40-hour workweek. 

I completed my first time ALONE as the Front Office person. How successful was it? I didn't lock the safe up so no one could get in. I didn't set off any alarms. The store is still standing and operational. So it was successful.

The coming week sees me being Front Office for three days, so I am taking it that my performance was satisfactory.

Anyway...


I am in lust. 

I am so wanting Baby Groot for a couple of reasons. One, it's just darn cute! Secondly, it's a bonsai. However, at the present time, he is out of my budget range. Still, I can lust after him.


I am setting up a budgeting notebook for the last three months of the year. I am basing it on a workbook by The Budget Mom which will be the topic of Tuesday's post.


I have discovered one problem with working in a grocery store is getting to see all the 'new' stuff that comes in. Yes, two bags followed me home. One to Savvy because she is under a bit of stress these days and the other one to Lady K/Texter.

It also means when I see things I know other people eat all the time, I send them pictures to let them know they can save a few pennies.


Mr. Arizona uses this all the time. So why not save a few pennies?

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked over 5000 steps 5 days
  • Finished 2 books
  • Finished a 'cheese' survey and got $20 for it (and two blocks of Velvetta Cheese)
  • Wrote 2 posts
  • Knitting...about 3 inches of ribbing on tiny needles (and almost finished with that part)

This coming week...

  • Apply for the full-time position at work (I so want that insurance!)
  • Finish setting up my 'new' budgeting notebook for October/November/December
  • Spend my day off with Lady K (and maybe a sleepover)
  • Finish the ribbing on the Sockhead Slouch Hat
  • Get my flu shot 
  • Get my hair cut

But for now, it's more coffee!



Comments

Popular Posts