Tuesday Sundries - Color Blocking!

I am patting myself on my back for resisting all the 'new' planners out there and waiting, somewhat patiently, to order my 2020 Hobonichi lineup. That's not to say I haven't revisited the site numerous to rethink covers (or not), getting the undated techo (or not). But my date to pull the trigger and order is getting closer and closer.

In the meantime, I decided to try something new - color blocking my time at work on my weekly spread.

 



I have tried color blocking the times I am at work for the past couple of weeks. This time, to me, is a 'dead' time where I am unable to do anything outside of Food Lion. Reasonable, since they are paying me to do so. But it also gives me an idea of what time I have available for 'my' activities.

By using highlighters for my color blocking, I can still write in that area. Actually, I had written on the pages and then only recently color-blocked them.

As you can see, my weekly pages do get a bit of a workout and I love the craziness of them.  My daily pages are a bit less chaotic and, for the most part, are less used.


I like the 'quick-look' of my weekly pages, where I can see an overview of what needs to get done during the week. I also like I can get more detailed 'to-dos' on my daily pages. 

Depending on my mood at the moment, I may or may not add stickers and washi tape. I am going to give Cocoa Daisy a brief subscription try in order to see if I like a monthly theme for my pages. Damn those Erin Condren and Happy Planner people with all their bright and fun stickers!

This is what my everyday carry (EDC to planner people) looks like...



I am already rethinking the tabs on the side of my EDC for 2020. They just aren't working for me several months later. 

As you can see, my planners get a workout during the year and I love it! It is just further justification I need to stick with the planners which actually work for me and are not abandoned after a few months. And the expense involved. Although, if you see the price of other planners, what I will be paying for my Hobonichi is in line with an Erin Condren or a ticked out Happy Planner.

But the NEED to get my 2020 planners in hand is real. I am already adding things for 2020 to a list. I have a volunteering commitment already for 01 February and I am excited to do it. I have signed up for the Queen City Brewers Festival as a pourer that day for the first session. I love the fact, not only does it promote local breweries, but it also supports a charity.

Come on 01 November and speed delivery from Japan!


Comments

Popular Posts