Week in Review - October 6 - 12

Well...

What a week it's been!

The weather has finally decided to bring us a bit of fall temperatures. I am so loving it. 

My only 'thing' about it is I would love to sleep with my window open. However, there are 2 things which are stopping me. First, my plants are in front of the window and they really don't need air in the 50's on them. Secondly, and the most important holdback, is the security system. I have to close the window for the security system the kids have on the house. 

But...


I finally made it over to Miss J's house to see my plants she is so lovingly taking care of for me. What is sad is she is taking better care of my plants than I would! However, my plumeria is getting ready to bloom!

Hopefully, it will manage to flower before temperatures get too cool. I am so thrilled. It has grown from about 6 inches to almost 3 feet tall this summer. 

A couple of BIG things this week...

The first was a trip to the zoo with all the girls.


We went to the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro and had a marvelous time. I am looking at the Riverbanks Zoo/Botanical Garden in Columbia, South Carolina for another trip soon.

The other BIG thing is I am now a full-time employee at Food Lion! 

I have been working close to 40 hours a week over the past few weeks, but it is now official which mainly means (not only a raise) insurance!

And a new pair of compression socks! 

Being on my feet and walking about 5 miles a day at work means I need the support. I just purchased a pair of Physixgear compression socks. I love them! While they are pricey compared to knee socks, they are worth it. I just wish I could get a whole body suit like the socks.

I did manage to do a bit of dusting and 'clean-up' on my day off and rearranged my altar.


I am saying it 'works' for me, because immediately afterwards I got a call from the marketing company at the mall for a $20 survey after I watched a pilot for a new TV show. And I got my promotion!

I did venture out on Friday, my day off, and picked up some yarn for a baby blanket for my assistant manager. Her baby is due 26 December. The yarn is a Caron Cakes in Rainbow Sherbet. I am doing a small Corner-to-Corner blanket with a border around it once finished. The colors are bright and I think it will be a nice gift. Plus it gives me something to do while streaming shows on my computer.


What I am finding is on my two days off (which are rarely together) is one day is spent during 'errands' and 'stuff'. The other day I try to just rest and do nothing. It seems to be working well for me that way.

I have done a simplified mock-up of paycheck-to-paycheck budget sheets. Right now I am also listing out my expenditures on everything. I need to figure out how much a month to budget for gas and food, my two major categories other than regular bills. I am thinking I will sink the $40 into the printed workbook for 2020 as this system is a better fit for me. Plus, I need the obligation to myself of 'planning' my spending.

I do have $200 already allocated (earned) and in an Amazon gift card for Lady K's Christmas. Texter uses my Prime account and will be using it to buy her gifts for Christmas. What I love about using money I have earned from doing surveys is it is 'free' money as far as I am concerned. I did start a sheet in my budget binder for money I earn from other sources outside of retirement and work. This month I have earned a nice chunk of 'extra' change.

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 2 books
  • Walked over 5000 steps 6 days, over 10,000 5 of those days
  • Wrote 4 posts

This coming week...

  • NaNoWriMo prep (must get serious about this!)
  • PLANTS
  • Finish up the baby blanket
  • Figure out my Q4 goals (even through I am almost a month into it)
  • Start thinking seriously about my 2020 goals

But for now, more coffee...


and geyser rainbows!








Comments

Popular Posts