Week in Review - October 20 - 26

This week has been a lot of fun. I 'discovered' a hidden gem in Charlotte quite by accident. 

I had to take Savvy to a different GameStop for a meeting and then pick her up a couple hours later. I didn't want to go home, so I decided to spend some time at Starbucks, doing some writing.



With my Iced White Chocolate Mocha, I did a bit of planning and reading/note-taking. See my purse? That's my new purse. I'm not totally happy with it as the side pockets are a bit tight and it does seem to form that 'black hole' when I put things into it. But it will do for now.

Anyway...

When I went back to pick up Savvy, I was early and decided to walk around the little lake which was behind the stores and restaurants.





Unfortunately, it seems the area is not as popular as it once was. But I want to come back and eat outside at some of the restaurants in the future.

What I didn't realize at first is the Michael's Craft Store I shop at is on the other side of the lake!

Texter wanted to go to Michael's later that day, so I picked her and Lady K up and brought them to Michael's. And while Texter was shopping, I took Lady K for a stroll at the lake.


There is a small play around which she climbed around on and played with a couple of 'new friends'. Ducks and geese are on the lake and, earlier in the day, there was a Grey Heron strolling on the boardwalk.

With the weather a bright, beautiful autumn day, it was a fun discovery and one I will come back to in the future.

I have been fighting coming down with a cold, so I didn't participate this month in the Ronald McDonald House meal preparation. Nor have I done any real NaNoWriMo prep. Working 40 hours now has wiped me out this week.

Otherwise this week:

  • Worked some on the baby blanket
  • Reviewed and paid bills
  • Walked 5000 steps or more 6 days 
  • Finished 2 books (well, I abandoned 1 and finished 1)
  • Wrote 4 posts

This coming week:

  • Pick up Lady K LATE tonight. Luckily, she has Monday off from school
  • Be Front End Manager 3 days (the real one is on vacation and we are short-handed!) I get to wear a black vest so I can be identified as 'in charge'. LOL
  • Finish up the baby blanket
  • Get my hair cut
  • Review and plan out November finances
  • Halloween at the mall with Lady K
  • Hopefully, order my Hobonichi for 2020

But for now,  more coffee, breakfast and putting on the black vest.

Comments

Popular Posts