Holter Lake Birds

Saturday was a 'bird fest' for me while out on the lake.  While going through the canyon area, swallows were flying overhead, hopefully snapping up some of the big, black bugs that were swarming around the boat if we slowed down enough.  There were rock doves, aka feral pigeons, too.
So here's a brief photographic tour of the birds of Holter Lake.


There was the Mallard couple.


Then the golden eagle soaring overhead.


The large, apparently unoccupied, nest on the cliffs.


Cockroaches and Canada geese will survive any world-wide disasters.  They are everywhere!


No, not a bird, but a deer walking across a very steep and slippery slope.



The gull whose dinner we interrupted.


American Coots, I believe.


Duck.  Haven't figured out what kind (yet).  But he kept flying by, low over the water, making several passes.


And my bald eagle.

I didn't get pictures of the swallows.  Or the pelicans that were coming in before the rain and nightfall to roost.  Pelicans and seagulls in Montana still throw me.

So I can't wait to make it back to Holter.  Hopefully then I will have some 'fishy' photos.

Comments

Popular Posts