Fabric and Fiber Friday - Let the Epic Begin!

The past week has been busy. It seems every time I'll have a chance to 'do something', I have errands to run or things to do other than sitting down and stitching, whether at my sewing machine on or my needlework projects.

But I have managed to get a few stitches in.

The Watergarden Mandala is on 'vacation' while I try and get Electra done in time for Halloween.


I have most of the black done on her, which is the big part and I am loving her. I can't wait to start adding in color and beads.

BUT...

The big news is - and I am speaking literally in this case - 


I have a piece of 32 count linen which covers a twin bed!

Yep, two yards of stitching! It's 55 inches wide and 72 inches long, all to accommodate the Epic Pokemon!

Photo courtesy of Lord Libidan

It will be a long time stitching. I'm not going to plow through this one anytime soon. But I have pulled 4 skeins of floss for each of the 105 colors. There will be a lot of color changes in this one. No huge patches of one color.


The pattern is 798 stitches wide and 1000 stitches long, so there will be 798,000 stitches in this piece!

'EpicP', as I am calling it, has it's own bin to live in to keep it nice and clean and protected while I'm working on it. And to hold all the thread. I will keep everyone updated on this one.

Hopefully today I will have a chance to sit and stitch. I'm taking a 'day off' and relaxing before I start on housework tomorrow.

But I need more coffee first. 





Comments

Popular Posts