Week in Review - September 16 - 22


This has been my life this week - half in and half out of it!

Last Sunday (my birthday) was filled with rain. Lots of rain. As Florence made her way through Charlotte and the surrounding areas. Monday was clearing, but school was still out. Tuesday, school was in, but then Wednesday it was a Teacher's Workday, and Lady K was out of school again. And this up and down routine affected us all. We won't go into the dark purple nail polish on the walls or all over her hands.

I 'rescued' a large coffee table off the curb and set up a different feeding place for the cats so I could reclaim the industrial bookcase for books, plants and office supplies. I have managed to empty out two more tubs, so the clutter in the craft room/office is slowly being contained.

I am determined (sort of) to eat better. 




Yesterday I prepared tilapia and a fresh fruit salad. But then I erred by fixing fries to go with the fish! At least I didn't bread and fry the fish. 

But after mowing the yard, which is a hot and sweaty job regardless of the time of day I do it, I landed face first in a bag of powdered donuts and a glass of milk. I really wanted ice cream but didn't want to go to the store to get it! Don't tell Lady K I ate some of HER donuts.

Otherwise this week...


  • Finished 5 books
  • Wrote 2 posts
  • Grocery shopped for the week
  • Planned menu for the week
  • Wrote 3 letters
  • Took my vitamins 4 days out of 7
  • Made 5000 plus steps 6 days out of 7
  • Drank more water (must remember to filter it as the water here doesn't taste great)
  • Paperwork completed to start another work-from-home job
  • Mowed yard (very hot and sweaty job regardless of when I do it

This coming week...

  • Writing meetup at the library
  • An informational meeting about maximizing retirement money
  • Hopefully starting another work-from-home job 
  • Pick up the 2 yards of cross stitch linen for a MASSIVE cross stitch project
  • More organizing and decluttering
  • Make it through another handful of books



So while I am awaiting the Harvest Full Moon on Monday evening, I'll try and breathe, drink water and eat better.

But I still need another cup of coffee!

Comments

Popular Posts