Week In Review - September 8 - 14

Or, the week of Florence!



Yep, the whole week has centered around preparing for Florence and then waiting for Florence to hit town. It's been very cloudy since Thursday. 

Of course, school has been canceled since Thursday and they aren't set to go back until Tuesday. Some of the schools in the area have been used as shelters. However, Lady K hasn't been adapting well to the change in her routine. Which means neither has Grandma.


She painted her nails, which was ok. However, she seemed to find the staircase a bit bland and decided to add some color. Sigh...

We won't talk about the picture hung on her bedroom wall with honey.

This morning I am listening to the wind and rain as it gusts and pounds into the house. Luckily, (knock on wood) we have so far not had so much as a flicker of electricity going out. Friends in Cary and Apex lost their power for a bit over the past couple of days (they got hit earlier than Charlotte). And here in Charlotte, Mr. RaceCar (Texter's friend) lost his power Saturday afternoon.

I started on 'Electra' yesterday because it's a more mindless project than the Watergarden Mandala. 


I am loving how her dress blows back and once I am finished with the black on the pattern, the rest is just filling in with a pop of color and beads.

A couple of fun things have happened this week though.

  • I was accepted for another work from home job and have been sending messages and forms to and from the headquarters for Appen in Australia so I can start the project.
  • Had a 'Before-The-Storm BBQ' with my new neighbors. The bad part is I found out we have a ton in common and I may be moving in over there!
  • Checked out a ton of books from various library branches. 

And my violet has popped up with a ton of color just in time for the grey days.


I love this little guy. He just keeps on flowering despite my lack of care.

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 2 books
  • Wrote 7 posts
  • Made another batch of peach preserves
  • Took lunch to Savvy one day
  • Watch Book Club

This week...

  • Work on Electra
  • Count out and mail some floss and threads
  • Enjoy my free birthday drink at Starbucks
  • Catch up on some journaling
  • Bake a loaf or two of sourdough bread
  • Try to get back on schedule starting Tuesday

But for now, it's making sourdough waffles and more coffee!



Comments

Popular Posts