Saturday Reads

For years I was a romance reader. I had my hands on everything from the latest Harlequin Romance to Danielle Steele and everything in between. 

But now my heart lies with fantasy and science fiction. My romance reading leans toward paranormal (fang and fur) only.

I recently 'discovered' a new-to-me author and loving it!




The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin follows Yeine as she is recalled from her tiny kingdom in the north to the capital and her grandfather. Considered a barbarian and a 'mongrel' by the elite of Sky, her fate has been sealed as a sacrifice to name the successor to the throne.

However, the enslaved gods have another idea in mind. One that could mean their freedom, even if Yeine must die.

Court intrigue, the truth about the death of her mother and plans to change the outcome of the ceremony are all played out in the book. So interesting, I kept saying "one more page" as I neared the end.

This is book 1 in the series and book 2 is requested from the library. Hopefully I can pick it up today and continue the story. 

Comments

Popular Posts