Week in Review - September 23 - 29

Once again another crazy week! And the weird part of it is that I know temperatures in Montana have dipped and I so want to be there! Even anticipating snow! I am tired of sweating in the humidity here. But I guess this too will pass.


The one long morning glory on a tiny 6-inch vine Lady K planted in her 'garden'. And of course, the spot is exactly where the gutter overflows every time it rains. But it is hanging in there.

I had a group interview for a seasonal position for Bath and Body Works. And sat down among young, cute, working 10 jobs young ladies. Needless to say, I didn't get one of the 30 positions they were offering the 400 applicants! So I think I will try and do more work-from-work jobs. Poop on them! But I love their products so I will be restocking for the year when they have their next sale.

I picked up 2 yards of linen for a HUGE cross stitch project! 

Yep, two yards and I have done about 100 stitches of the almost 800,000 stitches in it. I want to get another project completed before I dive into this one.

No knitting, crocheting or quilting...which needs to change. I need to share the love between my addictions.

I did finish 4 books, 3 print, 1 audio. And while I am enjoying the story in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, each book is around 700 pages or 30 plus hours of audio. I have now started Book 11 in the series and there are 14. I can see the end in sight!

I have also been diving into YouTube videos. 

I admit, my family and I are addicted to YouTube videos. Yes, there are some really crappy ones out there (which is why I don't do videos), but there are also some great ones and ones which are broadcasts of shows.

For a major laugh, I watched this one, which is Billy Connolly and Craig Ferguson, a compilation of 4 different shows. And I laughed so much Lady K had to come see what was going on.

Other YouTube addictions are watching anything on Timeline - World History Documentaries and a few on tarot I follow. This time of the year, it's all about unboxing of Hobonichi orders (I need to make mine). 

But I discovered this young man and his cooking videos - Joshua Weismann. He also has a blog, but it looks like it is undergoing a makeover. I am loving both the videos and his blog. Short and concise, I have watched several and Savvy and I are going to try making the ramen recipe he did. 

But in the meantime, I made bagels!


Before they went into the oven...


Cooked!

Three went to Savvy for 'testing'. The two cinnamon crunch fell prey to me. So I have 4 more to try. 

I like it he explained if you boil them for 1 minute per side they won't be as dense or chewy as if you boil them for closer to 2 minutes per side. I went for the less time. Still chewy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. I loved them. 

But in case you wonder if I sit and watch, I don't. I am usually doing something else and have the videos playing in the background, much like binge-watching TV.

I am also getting ready for October and NaNoWriMo prep. I have a page or two of notes and I need to make a map and do some research into geothermal heating and related uses.

Also this past week...

  • Donated platelets with the Red Cross. 
  • Finished 4 books
  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Did up my water consumption and steps daily
  • Stitched on Electra (almost have all the black done on her)

This coming week...
  • Carolina Renaissance Festival!
  • Much more writing and pre-writing
  • Lots of reading
  • Even more stitching
  • Unpick the Villans quilting and retry quilting it another way
  • Get some needlework supplies on ebay
  • More serious planning and commiting to those plans

But in the meantime, it's off for more coffee and blueberry muffins before we head off to the Ren Faire.


Comments

Popular Posts