Week In Review - September 2 - 8

"D is a consequence, a letter in the alphabet."

This is what I listened to for a good 15 minutes, as Lady K sang the song she learned at school on Friday. 

Nope, it's not consonant, as I suggested. So we have vowels and consequences. Seems fitting somehow.

This past week has been filled mainly with floss - sorting, cataloging and offering up for sale.


With over 4000 skeins of unused floss, offering it for sale accomplishes several things. First, it helps reduce my stash. If I have 4000 skeins of unused floss, then I have an equal amount already wound on bobbins to use. Secondly, we can use the money. Moving is more expensive than you think and we could use a few extra coins in the pocket. 

Only thing is, part of me is screaming "No! I might need it!" Really? I think if I stitched eight hours a day for the rest of my life I couldn't use it all up. Besides, if I need a particular color I can go buy one. 

But because of dealing with my stash this week, I haven't put needle to fabric very much with the Watergarden Mandala.


Lady K is fascinated by the gold metallic thread. But I had backstitching to outline. I find it tedious, but it is effective with the design. I can't wait to get to the center section where the blue silks will really shine. Maybe next week.

After putting together several IKEA bookcases, I have finally gotten all the books out of storage and found yet more journals among them.


My trunk is full of journals. These stretch from high school to now, with a few gaps here and there. One day I might go back through them. Savvy has already expressed an interest in looking at them one day. Very boring for the most part I feel.


Texter and I took advantage of her day off and Lady K being in school to stroll through IKEA. I had my 'birthday coupons' to use. I have another bookcase, which with my $15 off coupon, was only $2. And I got a free lunch. It was big enough for the two of us to share and take some of the meatballs to Savvy for her lunch. Plus the steamed vegetables. Texter and I were only after the good stuff!

I never thought I would be interested in the more minimalistic style of IKEA, but I am really like it. Of course, if you could see my desk, you would wonder how.

I made 5.5 pints of peach preserves and have another batch I need to do to use up the peaches I bought at Farmer's Market. I think 10 pints will get us through until next year....maybe.

With Lady K in South Carolina this weekend with her father and other grandparents, I donated blood.


It was set up at the mall near me, so I didn't have to go far. Plus I met TaWanda, who was not only funny, but was great at poking me painlessly. With a possible hurricane heading this way next week, I figured they could use my B+ blood. And I got cookies!

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 2 books
  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Got the back window on my van replaced which I broke due to a lawnmower run-in (don't ask).
  • Organized my books somewhat

This coming week...

  • Preparing for Hurricane Florence. I am being pessimistic on this one as I have been through Fran and Floyd here in the past. We don't have a good track record with "F" hurricanes.
  • Catching up on my journal
  • Taking a huge 'test' for another possible work-from-home job
  • Starting NaNoWriMo prep
  • "Touring" the library branches to pick up books....I might run out of things to read!

But for now, it's back to counting floss and more coffee. With some toast and peach preserves.



Comments

Popular Posts