Positive Focus Sunday - Gearing Up!





At the first of the year, I picked my 'Word of the Year' as 'Renew'. I had some grand plans.

Then I called to see what I needed to do in order to get ready to buy and house.

Wham! Bam! And I'm a homeowner!

So 99% of what I had planned for February - May has gone out the window.

I'M OK WITH THAT!

Looking at people I follow on YouTube and Instagram, I am not the only one who was headed in one direction and found themselves heading a completely different direction. 

To cut myself some slack - something we all need to do from time to time - I gave myself through the end of May to move and settle in and get my feet back under me (it's been a crazy time!). The only expectations I had for myself was to get everything over here and a garden started. Done!

However...

It's now time to relegate things which need to be done to the regular 'to-do' list and move forward on my long term objectives. Things like...

  • Re-establish my financial tracking and saving - which means, at least starting in June, to record every transaction and plan out purchases around the house. I have a goal to have a certain dollar amount saved by the end of the year.
  • Writing - I am been sort of maintaining blog posts. However, my completed draft of Sanctuary was put on hold. It's now on the planner for June to get the rest of the chapters written. Then in July, my Camp NaNo project will be editing my rough draft and then begging for beta readers. 
  • As added incentive, I have signed up to be a NaNoWriMo 'Ambassador' - assisting the local Municipal Liaisons in their duties in the area. 
  • Then in November, my NaNoWriMo project will be book 2 in the series!
  • On a personal level - or rather what I think of as Home and Garden projects - the first one is to LOSE THIS WEIGHT!

Being on my feet 8 hours a day isn't exercise. So I am committing to 4 times a week doing yoga to start with. My bedroom has a ton of space I can exercise in. 

And with summer coming on and tons of fresh, local produce, I am looking to eat better. I have my Ninja Foodi now to assist me. I have also signed up again for Weight Watchers. I was doing it while in Montana and going into the office for meetings. It really kept me motivated and I was losing weight. 

Then came Covid and everything shut down. But the offices and in person meetings are opening back up and there is a site near me. So going back to meetings during the week and lots of fruits and veggies and exercise. Gardening - or at least mowing the yard in 90 degree heat - does add to the exercise factor.

So what does this whole thing mean?

Give yourself a break!

The past year and a half has been, well, just weird. And anyone who has kept it together and stayed on track has my immense admiration. Good for you! 

However, I haven't been able to. Of course, buying a house can throw anyone off track a bit. Especially since it was happening months earlier than I through it would. 

June is the last month in Q2 (second quarter of the year) and I am allowing myself to start gearing up for the rest of the year. Getting the 'engines' started and ready to peel off down the road to achieving the things I want to achieve.


With a view out my bedroom window beside the desk, I have my new altar area set up. I am a bit worried about the cats jumping up on it to look out the window, but I am hoping if I keep the other windows accessible, they will leave this one alone.

Let the rest of the year come on! I'm ready now! 











 


Comments

Popular Posts