Week in Review - May 24 - 30


I counted last week as my 'last week' of 'moving in'. It was also the end of 90 degree weather and a bit of rain. 

Because of the rain, everything in the garden shot up by inches! So exciting. It also meant the red clay which covers my front yard was soft enough to do a little planting. I don't really have any 'plan' to my planting, but at least things are getting in the ground.

In my bid to drop 50 pounds, I rejoined Weight Watchers as there is a convenient meeting place near me. I lost several pounds before moving from Montana, using the meetings for motivation. So, fingers crossed, with summer and all the fresh fruits and veggies I will starting dropping a few pounds and trying new ways to fix things in my Ninja Foodi.

Since my Foodi has the ability to dehydrate, I want to use it to on tomatoes this summer - maybe. I know I do need to go ahead and clip and dry some herbs. 

Anyway...

Lady K arrived to stay for a few days now that school is out. I picked her up after work on Friday and she will be here until Wednesday morning early, when I drop her off on my way to work. I did that Sunday morning and picked her up again after work. She goes to her dad next week for about 6 weeks. That's the longest she has been apart from me/us. 

Slowly getting the rest of the tubs and boxes upstairs. I have set myself a goal of 6 a day in the hopes I will get them all up there this week.

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 7 books - 4 were novellas on audio I listened to going to/from work
  • Mowed the yard
  • Made a couple of loaves of sourdough bread
  • Wrote 5 posts
  • Planned out my schedule for finishing up the rough draft of Sanctuary
  • Volunteered to assist the local liaisons for NaNoWriMo this year

This coming week...

  • Set up my June budget book
  • See 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' with Savvy on Sunday. The theater is only 2 blocks from my house!
  • Attend Weight Watchers meeting
  • Finally get ALL the boxes upstairs
  • Have 4 chapters fleshed out in the book which will bring my total to 12 out of 25 chapters

In the meantime, today will be preparing beef stroganoff, chicken and rice and spring roll bowls for my meals (and to share with Savvy) for the week. And a little bit of gardening.




Comments

Popular Posts