Week in Review - May 17 - 23


Slowly, but surely, things are getting done and am getting settled into my 'forever home' and new life as a home owner and empty nester. Well, empty nester until school is out and Lady K comes to stay with me for a few days!

Lots of growth in the garden! Tomatoes are starting to flower and one has baby tomatoes on it already. With the growth comes higher temperatures. That I'm not too happy about as the coming few days are supposed to be in the 90's - with NO RAIN!

I did manage to get my books pretty much on shelves. After putting together two IKEA shelving units, I now have my fiction books in the living room and, for the most part, organized by author. I need to create a space or shelf for TBR (to be read) books. I also have been going through and noting for my favorite authors what books I have and books I need to get. 

All my nonfiction - which means writing books, spiritual books, crafting books - are on a large shelf in my bedroom. It's a more industrial and I will have room to set up my altar on one of the shelves in front of the books. I am storing all my tarot cards and other 'stuff' in the secretary/hutch gifted to me. But, due to the bedroom room, I really can't keep the desk top lowered and set up my altar there.

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 3 books
  • Set up bird feeder which already has regular visitors in the form of the cardinal 'couple'
  • Slider into the vet for booster shots
  • Met up with Savvy for quick lunch
  • Took DVD's to 2nd and Charles for trade-in
  • Walked over 5000 steps every day
  • Roasted a chicken in my Ninja Foodie in under an hour!
  • Visited an orchid nursery

This coming week...

  • Get the curtains hung!
  • Finish up with books
  • Lay cardboard under tubs and around the 4x4 beds to make 'pathways' (laying mulch on top of it)
  • Mow the yard
  • Set up table on porch for plants to be moved outside during the summer
  • Boxes upstairs
  • Lady K finishes up school and will be with me for a few days

But for now - bit of yard work before the temperatures get too hot!

 

Comments

Popular Posts