2010 Book Round-up

There is a really great site I love to keep track of…lots of inspiration from this lady….daisy yellow.  How can you not like something that cherry.  Anyway, a couple of weeks ago she started a check up on her 2010 reads.  This got me curious about my own amount of reading, especially since I have a stack of books which need to be read and I’m sitting here at the computer.  I did manage to log most of my reads, but not all, so I feel pretty confident this is not an overage of my book reading count.

DSCN1718

  1. What is on your reading list for 2011? Check out my goodreads account.  There are a ton of books on hand to read.
  2. What was the best fiction book you read in 2010? The Girl Who…. trilogy by Stieg Larsson
  3. What book was the biggest let down in 2010? Really can’t remember.  I try to put them behind me if I don’t like them.
  4. Do you remember the first short story you wrote as a kid?  What was it about? Don’t remember.  I do have a poem I wrote about the lark and a picture I drew of mice – with really long legs.
  5. Do you keep track of the books you read? I try to.  Am tracking most of them on goodreads.
  6. How many books are on your TO READ list?  171
  7. Where is your favorite reading spot?  in bed
  8. How many books (fiction + non-fiction) did you read in 2010? 74
  9. Do you read more than one book at once? Oh, my yes.  I have 3 by my bed now.  And one in my work bag and another in the card.
  10. Do you read more fiction or non-fiction?  Probably more fiction, but I do like non-fiction, especially those where people are relating their year in the life of stories, whether they be cooking, traveling, gardening.

And the worse part of all this book addiction is that I have volunteered for my county library book sale just so I can get in an hour early on the last day to get a head start on the $5 a box sale.  That’s so sad.  My goal this year is to go back and pick up a lot of the classics.  I am finding I am going back and reading a lot of them now since I am hooked on the parodies which are coming out now.  And until I get my Kindle (hey little Kindle fairy!) I need the real thing to lug around.

Well, better get off the computer and back to the books!

Comments

Popular Posts