Sketchbook Challenge – Week 3

Boy, oh, boy, it was tough a couple of days getting my sketch.  In fact, I will admit some days I do two.  But I do have a sketch for every day thus far, so I have complete 21 sketches.  Supposedly, one theory is that if you perform a routine for 21 days in a row it becomes habit.  Well, we are getting there.  I am already impatient to know what next month’s theme is going to be.

January 15 – Friends…..

schallenge15   are highly prized.  I made the letters a little tree-like because (1) I like trees and (2) I need to be more ‘rooted’ in my friends.  I find it very had to ask for help and am surprised I have the number of people who care and are concerned about my well-being.

January 16 – Books…

schallenge16are loved and treasured here in my household.  I can’t think of anything I would miss (in a material sense) than books if I had to lose something.  I like the feel, the smell, the stories, the possibilities of books.

January 17 – Scents….

schallenge17  are important to me.  I like fragrant things.  I almost always have incense or candles going in the house.  When planting flowers, I want fragrant to be one of the first descriptive terms.  What I really like about this picture is the watercolor on the nose.  I was really pleased with how that turned out.  I might be getting use to using watercolors.  That, and I find myself creating the same lettering and am thinking of it as ‘my’ lettering now.

January 18 – Fibers!

schallenge18 My first ‘love’ in any kind of art form was needlework.  I love the colors and the textures of threads – cotton, wool, silk.  Then I got involved with knitting and crocheting.  Tons of choices in textures and sizes and uses of fibers with those handcrafts. 

January 19 – Naps

schallenge19 I am not really pleased with the design and how it turned out.  But I LOVE naps.  To me, naps are wasted on the young.  You need to be older to appreciate the opportunity to lay down, put your feet up after a long day/week at work and enjoy 20-30 minutes of down time.  Love me some napping!

January 20 – Rainy Days

schallenge20 Actually, rainy days and napping need to be combined.  There is nothing better than napping on a rainy day, listening to the rain on the windows and roof.  There ought to be a law making it mandatory to take a nap on a rainy day.

January 21 – Night Skies

schallenge22 Once again, I like the way my watercolors are turning out – especially since I am completely self-taught with regards to this medium.  But to go out, on a moonlit night and to be able to stand and watch the sky.  I am fortunate enough to live in an area with trees.  To see the moon peeking in and out of the tops of the trees is out of this world.  One of these days I want to get good enough and a camera good enough so that I can take pictures of the night.

So another week has passed.  I got this posted.  My goal is to make it “Sketchbook Saturday” through the end of this challenge.  One can only keep their fingers crossed.  And I already have today’s sketch done, which I am proud of.  But no one gets to see it until next week.

Comments

  1. Judy, this is a Wonderful collection of sketches, and I love the narration about each one of them!! I agree about the habit forming bit too! Love books and the smell of coffee :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts