Sunday Night Dinner

With my vacation drawing to a close, and a trip to the grocery store to stock up, I prepared ‘Sunday Night Dinner’.

DSCN1730 Pork roast was on sale.  I brought one home and cut in in half because it was too much for just the 3 of us, even wanting leftovers for next week.  I was going to cook it, dredging it in flour, and browning in oil before roasting.  However, I decided to take a different tack and doing a herb-crusted pork roast.   However, I couldn’t go all the way without a little extra fat…..

DSCN1731

I put a strip of bacon on top.  While it was sitting with it’s little herb crust, I also made some baked apples.  Brown sugar and some nutmeg (Texter can’t do cinnamon.)

DSCN1733   I also fixed some rice in the rice cooker.  Still can’t figure out how to get fluffy rather than sticky rice.  And some green beans. 

DSCN1735

I did miss the gravy.  The roast was good and flavorful, but there is something about that ‘browned-in-Crisco’ and gravy made from the drippings which I really, really missed.  But the meat was really tender, so there will be sandwiches and leftovers for lunch for work and dinner this week.    Poor rice – it would have looked so much better with gravy.

 

Comments

Popular Posts