Getting Mad at Myself

Somewhere, presumably in this house, is a folder with recipes and ideas for stories to go along with them for my family cookbook project.  But where it is exactly, I don’t know.  I have cleaned and looked and unloaded and still can’t find it.  Actually, I think it ran off with the blue zippered bag which had some of my markers and colors in it.  I hope they are having a great time together.  I just hope they are not lying somewhere, laughing at me. Lost items tend to do that when you misplace them.

I hate when this happens.  When you know something should be right ‘THERE’ and it’s not.  In fact, it’s NOT anywhere you can find.  I know I will run across it one day (hopefully, not in the too distant future) and I will bang my head on the wall because I know I overlooked it a 100 times.  So if one day you hear a distant BANG, BANG, BANG that’s my head against the wall.  But be happy, because you know I found what I have been looking for.

The second frustrating thing is while I do have a copy of the recipes on disk (but not on the computer since the computer crashed since then), I can’t reload it onto my computer without doing this massive gyration.  You see, MY computer is the desktop.  It’s old, but reliable and chugs right along, which isn’t the problem.  The problem is that the doors to my CD and DVD drive do not open.  I never really used them in the past, so now they are playing me back for that lack of usage.  In order to get the documents back on my computer I would have to load onto one of the girl’s computer and then onto a flashdrive and then onto my computer.  My usage of one of their laptops for even a small amount of time is reacted to with the same horror as if I was running naked down the street.  In fact, it would be easier to run naked down the street.  I can understand, but it is annoying.

So then this all sets off my laptop yearning.  Sometime in the next 3 months I plan on getting my own laptop and retiring dear old desktop to backup.  It deserves a rest.  It has gone through 3 of us using it, down to one using it.  It has crashed a couple of times, but then with the abuse it has received I am surprised it hasn’t turned up it’s toes completely a couple of years back.

Back to looking.  Where’s my needle in the haystack?

Comments

Popular Posts